Franz Marc, Deer in the Forest


 Franz Marc created Deer in the Forest in 1913/1914, and was an oil on canvas painting. The painting had many defining features due to the intensity of colors. Colors like the red, green, blue, yellow and even black. The painting had a doubled theme of deer and landscape. I love this painting because at first glimpse it is only a ray of colors then turns into something more. Franz Marc was a German painter and printmaker. Most of his paintings was in the style of Expressionism. I loved how he defined his paintings,

"I try to intensify my sensitivity for the organic rhythm of all things; I seek pantheist empathy with the vibration and flow of the blood of nature-in the trees, in the animals, in the air . . . I see no happier medium for the 'Animalization' of art, as I would like to call it, than the animal picture." 
I believe this does represent what most of his paintings really are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L.H.O.O.Q - 1919

White Wave Jackson Pollock

Lito Mayo